We’ve started a Kelda community to provide useful tips and advice on things that will help you to look after your Kelda shower. We want you to enjoy the experience of ownership for many years. If you can’t find the answer to your question below please use the form on the Contact Us page and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Looking after your Kelda shower
Watch Maintenance Video
Watch Installation video
How to care for your stainless steel?
Stainless steel requires regular cleaning to keep its anti-corrosion properties, this can be done with just a soft cloth and warm water. Glass cleaner can be used to remove fingerprints (we advise you spot test the use of any cleaner first).
Chlorine, bleach, detergents, shampoos and soaps can all strip stainless steel of its anti-corrosion properties and if left uncleaned this can result in rust-spotting. If you believe any of these substances have been in contact with the stainless steel or need cleaning following a period of neglect, then use a suitable stainless-steel cleaner.
If cleaning has been missed and rust spotting has occurred, then vigorous cleaning with stainless-steel cleaner can bring back original anti-corrosion properties.
Cleaning and disinfection of air hoses
- Isolate power supply to Control Hub.
- Remove air supply hose by loosening jubilee clip and gently easing hose off the air outlet adapter.
- Remove 90 degrees elbow connector by unscrewing ¾” Air nut and loosening the jubilee clip and gently pulling apart.
- Remove air return hose by loosening jubilee clips and gently easing hose off the air inlet adapter and backplate vent.
- Put aside all hose clips in a safe place.
- Whilst wearing the correct safety equipment, dip hoses into a disinfectant solution so all the hoses are submerged.
- Remove from solution and clean out hoses using a pipe cleaning brush.
- Dip hoses into disinfectant solution and flush through, continue this until hoses are clean.
- Once hoses are clean, flush hoses through with fresh water.
- Shake out any excess water and wipe dry.
- Replace air supply hose by gently inserting into air outlet adapter and tightening jubilee clip.
- Replace 90 degrees elbow connector by gently inserting into hose, screwing ¾” Air nut onto shower head hose pipes and tightening jubilee clip.
- Repeat steps for air return hose in reverse for air recirculation installations.
- Reinstate power supply to Control Hub.
- Run shower for 2-3 minutes to dry any moisture in the hoses.
During regular cleaning of the shower area, do not direct a water hose at the shower head while the shower is functioning. Many household and industrial cleaning products contain mild abrasives and chemical concentrates and should not be used on this product.
External surfaces of the shower head may be wiped clean with a soft cloth and if necessary, a mild detergent or soap solution can be used. If you have one of our stainless-steel panel products then these must only be cleaned with a cleaning agent suitable for stainless steel and galvanised surfaces. Always remove cleaning agent residue as this can discolour the surface. Care must be taken not to get bleach, chlorine or other strong cleaning agents onto the stainless-steel, if this occurs then panel must be thoroughly cleaned down with a stainless steel cleaning agent.
Shower heads to be dismantled to clean, de-scale and sanitise main shower head components. Please see instructions for dismantling and reassembling head for cleaning. Unlike a conventional showerhead a Kelda showerhead is highly unlikely to block due to limescale and so service timings can set purely for hygiene.
*This service point can be adjusted to suit site specific maintenance regime and shower usage levels.
6 Monthly Visual and Hygiene
Check internal component condition of the shower head and hoses. Inspect for debris, scale deposition, deformation, damage, etc. Maintain or renew if necessary. Instructions for cleaning and disinfecting air hoses are given in this booklet. Shut off water supply, remove and clear strainer of debris. These may be located in thermostatic mixer if an one is fitted. If a mixer is fitted into panel then please follow maintenance guide which is specific to that model of mixer.
Instructions for dismantling and reassembling head for cleaning
1. Remove the fascia plate screw cap with a small flat head screwdriver (1).
2. Remove centre screw using a posi-drive PZ2 ensuring the fascia plate (2) and atomisation engine (3) are held until screw removed.
3. Slowly lower fascia plate and atomisation engine.
4. Carefully detach the rubber hose from the water chamber (4) ensuring not to remove the hose from the other end.
5. Carry out clean, de-scale and sanitisation of shower head components using industry standard cleaning products.
6. To reassemble, follow steps in reverse. Take care to correctly align nozzles (5).
Best advice for disinfecting and reinstating Kelda Showers after a prolonged period of unuse.
Due to the corrosive substances used in the disinfection process, there can be debris in the form of corroded metal or scale lifted from the system pipework. For this reason, during the flushing of the pipework with the chemical present, as well as when coming to flush out the chemical back to freshwater, the Kelda Showers should be left until the last outlets in the building to flush, ensuring all tap outlets, bib taps and dead-legs have been flushed until there is no debris or discolouration present in the water. You may also have Group or Single outlet mixers before the showers, these will need to have the filter/strainers checked and cleaned. Failure to do this may result in the blockage of solenoids, causing them to either stick in the open position or not pass water.
Chemicals used for disinfecting should be flushed after 1 hour of contact time and no more than 2 hours from initial contact.
There have been instances where solenoid valves in the Kelda Shower have become blocked and as a result, have needed to be replaced. The solenoid valve is not covered by the Kelda Shower warranty if the system has not been maintained in line with Kelda’s instructions.
Any queries please contact Kelda Showers.